Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Daytons Legs

"Those who bring sunshine to the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves" - Sir James M. Barrie



What an incredible kid. Someone who was taught from the time he was a child to love his neighbors. Whats most impressive is that he applied the knowledge that he had. That kind of loving service and is hard to match. By doing this, by serving his brother, Spencer allowed himself to be the miracle for someone else.
I hope that someday I can look back on my life and see that I have been able to do something miraculous for someone else. I hope that I will be able to apply the lessons that my parents have taught me in my life. So that I can become a better person for it. And then ask myself this question, (taken from Alma 5:14) "And now behold, I ask of you, my brethren of the church, have ye spiritually been born of God? Have ye received his image in your countenances?" Can we see that we've changed our hearts and have been spiritually born of God? And have we been able to receive His image in our countenances?
As we serve our brothers and sisters, we serve God. (Matt. 25:40) "And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have adone it unto one of the bleast of these my cbrethren, ye have done it unto me." I know that as we serve those around us, God is pleased and smiles down on us. So lets receive God's countenance in our image by being His hands here on the earth.

1 comment: