Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Mitch Hedberg

So I have been out on my mission for less than a year, and it has become very clear to me that many people have lots of false ideas about mormons. I always think its funny when people pull out "information" off the internet about mormons from sources other than mormon.org or lds.org. They get all these false ideas about what we believe and what goes on in the church.
So yesterday I was thinking about that and I had this quote come to me from Mitch Hedberg. I think it can relate to that situation, going to a non-mormon source for mormon information. It would be like someone going to a farmer to get a chicken recipe... Ha ha..

"As a comedian, I always get into situations where I'm auditioning for movies and sitcoms, you know? As a comedian, they want you to do other things besides comedy. They say "alright you're a comedian, can you write? Write us a script. Act in this sitcom." They want me to do stuff that's related to comedy, but it's not comedy, man. It's not fair, you know? It's as though if I was a cook, and I worked my butt off to become a really good cook, and they said "alright you're a cook... can you farm?"

The Church of Jesus Christ is restored. There is a prophet on the earth today. Come check it out for yourself. http://mormon.org/values/

No comments:

Post a Comment