Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Reliant K

I have a pretty good missionary friend who told me about this Reliant K song and I thought I would check  it out and see why he liked it. So i read some of the lyrics and they really stood out to me.

Stop right there. That's exactly where I lost it.
See that line. Well I never should have crossed it.
Stop right there. Well I never should have said
That it's the very moment that
I wish that I could take back.

Have you ever done something in your life and thought to yourself "I immediately regret this decision". And maybe not only that but a few days, weeks, months, or even years thought the same thing? This is something that I personally have experienced in my life. I have made a ton of dumb choices. I've hurt people that I really care about, and worst of all I have hurt the most important person in my life.... Me. I don't know how many people are going to read this, but I want to take the chance i have now to apologize and try and seek forgiveness for my wrongs. I have been the cause of so much pain that I wish I could erase.
But you know there is hope. Through the gospel of Jesus Christ we can be cleansed from sin, and along with that we can be healed of the hurt that has happened in our lives. When Jesus performed the  catonement, he took not only our sins upon him, but all the hurt, pain and anguish that had or ever would come upon mankind(Alma 7).

I'm sorry for the person I became.
I'm sorry that it took so long for me to change.
I'm ready to be sure I never become that way again
'cause who I am hates who I've been.
Who I am hates who I've been.

And this is where we need to get to. We can be cleansed from the sin and hurt only if we seek it. We need to repent for our wrong doings. And its more than some cheap go tell someone about what you did, and leave, its more than that. If you want to experience something great you need to put in the effort. You should admit that you've done something wrong. Then you should be sorry about it. And if you're sorry about it, you'll seek to make up for it. To try and correct the wrong. And lastly, and for most people (including me) we need to not do it again. Those are the steps of repentance. And if we do repent, turn to our Lord Jesus Christ he has promised us that he will heal us. He is known as the great Physician, and he was sent so that we could be healed.
Jesus Christ is my Lord and Redeemer. He was sent out of love, and His whole life was spent in the service of His people. I know that He was Resurrected and that He lives and guides us through His servants.


PS: I want to make my blog really cool, so im open to suggestions. Please feel free to leave a comment or two

No comments:

Post a Comment